Friday, January 16, 2009

She's here!!!

So we got up on the 15th like any other day and drove to the hospital. We arrived at 10:45 am, Dr broke my water at 11. I recieved my epidural at 11:30 am and then I tried to get a little sleep. I've said before that my favorite part of labor is being all numb/super comfortable and listening to that sweet little heartbeat as I dilate. An hour and a half later that little heart beat stopped and I stared at the monitor and told Adam to run out and tell the nurses. She came in and said "oh that's normal for the baby to skip a few beats when it slides down or there is some other rapid movement." She went ahead and checked me and I was at a ten...she said let's go ahead and push once and then I'll call the doctor. I quickly told her that's probably not a good idea to push, that she should call the doctor ASAP! In the meantime while waiting for the doctor for twenty minutes I kept my legs crossed! He arrived at 1:20 pm, I pushed 3 times...and there she was!

15 comments:

Melissa said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! She is beautiful and you look beautiful too! Wow, that was quick! I hope you are feeling okay. Give us the details on the baby when you get a chance. Do you have a name?

Kate Perkes said...

WOW that was so fast! Hope you both are doing well. I already told you this, but she is so... cute, and you look way to good to have just had a baby. You don't even look puffy! =0)

Loves

Rachel said...

wow. congratulations. I LOVE seeing new babies with their mommies. It is the most beautiful thing ever. Thanks for sharing the love!! You look beautiful and so does she. Does she have a name yet?

Given Family said...

Congratulations. Glad both you and baby are doing well!

Sarah Stout said...

Yay! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear what the kids Baylee and Asher think of their little sister. :)

Lorna said...

Congratulations! Glad all went well! Can't wait to see more pics and hear more about her!

Laura Howe said...

COngratulations. You both look awesome. Can't wait for more picts. Good work on making and pushing out a cute baby girl.

Allison said...

Oh, she's so cute, I wish I could hold her! You look way too good in this picture, its not fair. I was puffy and sweaty and my nose was like big in all my pictures. She is darling, I can see some Bailey and Asher in her, maybe? :) Love you guys and Congrat's!

The Jorgensen's said...

Oh, so darling! Aren't new babies just the sweetest?! What's her name?

Anonymous said...

congratulations!! i cant wait to see her! and you look so good too.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You look great and she is super cute. I love her little mouth!

-Emma D

Anonymous said...

Hola, Felicitaciones por la nueva niña! Es preciosa :)
besos y abrzos desde Chile

Miriam
Castro-Chiloé

it's just lisa said...

Congrats- she is beautiful and so are you!

donna said...

Congratulations Brianne!

Wow....that is like the fastest birth ever! She is beautiful and you look great too! Have fun with those three little ones. Life definitely changes once that third one is there.

Beth said...

Wow, now that sounds like the way to give birth!!

Congratulations on your new little one!