Sunday, March 18, 2012

January 27, 2012

So I've found my self reading a lot of other people's blogs about the trials they are facing in their lives right now. It seems to always end the same with their testimony of how amazing the atonement is and how Spirit is so strong in their lives to help them through this time. I have found my self realizing two things:

1. I am so super blessed at this time to be able to have my four happy, healthy, and for the most part good and obedient kids playing, sharing, and loving me. An amazing husband who doesn't mind doing dishes or laundry, and still loves to snuggle with me all the time. :) Our home, neighborhood, friends that truly care about us, and our family, even though they are far away that area thinking of us and would be here in a second if we needed them.

And 2. Because I don't have any physical trials I still need to be diligent about my testimony. I had been Young Women's president for the last three, almost four years. It was the most spiritual calling I had ever had. I was on my knees often about the needs of my girls,my counselors, my family (since I was so busy). I felt as though the Lord and I were so close. I was diligently working on my Personal Progress which meant meaningful fasts, scripture study, and lesson preparation. After being releases I think I took too big a breather. I am now in Nursery and I need to remind myself at this calling deserves as much of my attention as the latter. These little ones are so precious in the sight of our Heavenly Father and he is trusting me with their little growing testimonies.

So I guess I'll end with this,
Although I have not seen someone healed I do know that the Healing power of the Priesthood is real, I know that my Heavenly Father is mindful of me and blesses me with little tender mercies daily. I know the Spirit speaker to my heart of the things that are important in my life and helps me to make decisions, and to choose the right. I know my Savior lives and loves me. I know he gave His life for me and for that I am extremely grateful. I know the Church of Jesus Christ is His church restored to the earth in our day by the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know that there are prophets on the earth today that lead and guide us against the trials of our time. I know the Bible and the Book of Mormon are true scripture. I know that if we live righteously, keep the commandments, live up to our covenants we make in the temple our families live together forever with our Father in Heaven. I don't have any miraculous stories to tell of why or how I know... I just KNOW in my HEART that these things areTRUE.

1 comment:

it's just lisa said...

So glad to have read this :) love ya Brianne!!