Wednesday, March 14, 2012

January 9, 2012


My Laney
My little Laney turns three this week andI just can't believe it. It's like she just went from one to sixteen over night. She is such a spitfire... Loves to talk back, just to see what will happen or hit someone for no reason to see if they will respond and give her attention.
She loves animals and bracelets/necklaces still. She loves to put them on and take them off again... And so on. Her favorite color is pink. She surprised us one day by blurting out the first and second articles of faith in her adorable two-yr-old accent. She wishes so badly that she could do everything the big kids do and she almost can.
Our Laney is the clumsiest kid you'll ever meet. At about 20 months she broke her collar bone. I had no idea. Baylee said she fell. I held her for a while then when she kept whimpering I chalked it up to nap time and put her to bed. At 5:30pm when she didn't come bounding out of her room I went in and noticed she hadn't moved. An hour or so later I noticed she wouldn't move her left arm. I took her for x-rays and sure enough it was broken. During our latest trip to California she tripped over my mom's dog and hurt her leg. After 4 days of crawling around I took her for x-rays and nothing, but now it's been three weeks and she is still limping around. Poor thing. She cracks us up though with herstumbles and her random run ins with the wall. Of all our kids she has fallen down the stairs the most... BUT I got to hand it to her for being the toughest cookie!
We love our Laney. She always makes us smile! Love, mom

2 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

WHAT?! How did that happen? I remember when you were posting while pregnant with her and now she's 3 and you have a 4th. Crazy how fast life goes!

P.S. I'm glad you finally blogged a little bit! :)

Robyn said...

Love that Laneylou!!!